Tuesday, November 23, 2010

In the Hospital 24/11/2010

I'm writing from the hospital, its 6:45am on the 23rd! I cant sleep, my morphine hasnt worn off yet and Im waiting for the doctor so i guess I'll use this time to fill in the details before i forget! Yesterday went well, to start with anyway! I arived at the hospital about 12, after going out for lunch with Kieran which was lovely, I went on a monitor for about 20 mins then my doctor gave me an examination, I was 1 and a half cm dialated, yay/! so she put the gel in and things kicked off pretty soon after! By about 6 I was having mild contractions, lasting around 40 seconds, soon after becoming 50 seconds with only around 2 to 3  minutes inbetween, quite painful but Kieran was great, he made sure i focused on other things and reasured me when i got my worst, Knowing he wouldtn't sleep properly here with me I told him to go to the unit and get a good nights rest for today, he had his phone so I could get him whenever i needed, he didnt argue that, knowing hospitals freak him out i dont think he was to keen on sleeping the night anyway! By 12 the pain was very full on so my midwife (who was amazing) decided to get the IV bung in my hand and get me to the labour room, the drip was awful, Im not normally bothered by needles, but after 3 attempts the veins in my hand just kept popping! so by the time the 4th one finally worked i was feeling a bit squeemish about it! not to mention my poor pin cushion hands! so I was excited to find out how far along i was, Only to have it hit me hard that I hadn't progressed any furthur than when we had first arived at the hospital that lunch time. I was devostated, knowing i had gone through all that pain for nothing, I hada little cry :( so she decided to give me a shot of morphine (More needles!) which worked wonders, by then it was 1 oclock, I cam back to my room and slept like a log for 4 and a half hours! This morning they checked my tummy and her head still hasnt even engaged yet, so Kim my doctor is coming at about 7 30 and we will see where it goes from there, My contractions have stated up a little again but I jsut cant wait to meet our girl!
No doubt this will be the last time I write with the beanie still in my tummy because once this morphine wears off the last thing i want is a computer! So bump in my tummy says goodbye to everyone and that she cant wait to meet you all properly!
xxx Courtney, Beanie and Kieran

1 comment:

  1. OMGGGGG I can't wait.
    So excited.

    You have to text me as soon as she's born.
    I'll come down and visit. :)

    ReplyDelete